3GS iPhone Holster - Interference w/ Magnetic Latch?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xmacprox, Jun 14, 2009.

1. xmacprox macrumors newbie

I'm looking at purchasing a holster for the new 3GS iPhone. It is a horizontal holster with two magnetic latches. Does anyone know if this would interfere with the new iPhone at all, since it has a magnetometer?

2. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

3. tacoman667 macrumors regular

This information is valuable to me as I was JUST considering a new case with the magnetic latch.

4. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

I've been useing one for a few days now. I have had no problems. Magnetic holsters are so nice. Go get one.

5. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

seems like this question always comes up. I've been using Marware CEO case for the past 2 years and I have NEVER had any issues. Some of the magnets out there will cause issues (ebay brand) but not from a reputable store. I even contact Marware and they have done some extensive testing and no issues. I havent had any. PERIOD. I hope that helps.

6. Ni3289kon macrumors newbie

3GS iPhone Holster - Interference w/ Magnetic Latch?

Yes, the magnetic latch interfere the compass.

My iphone 3Gs even redials the previous phone number for you on occasions by itself.

7. astudentis macrumors regular

8. glazerman macrumors newbie

Magnetic latch interferes with SIM card

I purchased the Eddie Bauer slip case with a magnetic latch, and started getting a message on my iphone 4 saying "no Sim card detected". As soon as I stopped using the case, the message stopped happening:confused::confused::confused:

9. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

I've been using a magnetic case (a generic one) for a long time now. It has had zero negative effects on any if my iPhones. (3G, 3GS, 4)