3GS iPhone: white screen AFTER sleep only

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by georgeh, Jun 14, 2010.

1. georgeh macrumors newbie

If I reset (home+sleep) my home screen comes up and if I catch it before the iPhone goes to sleep it works perfectly, no problems, looks totally normal. That is until my phone goes to sleep. The second it goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it is white. Everything on the phone works perfectly while the screen is white, I just can't see it.

I have restored it now at least 10 times, factory restored it... and nothing.

Even during the restore, the white screen comes up and stays up.

2. anthony.nicaud macrumors newbie

anthony.nicaud

same here!

same exact thing happened to me... And it is really frustrating... I have had to reset the phone so many times so i can READ what i received etc.
    The only solution i have while i am out is to just keep the screen on... but that is, by far, no fix.

Anyone else have this happen?

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

your lcd is bad but you are in luck! I had the exact same thing (word for word) happen to me a few weeks ago. I called apple and told them what was going on and this was after the 4.0.1 update. they had me send in the phone and they replaced it! if you still have warranty that is.

4. anthony.nicaud macrumors newbie

anthony.nicaud

I THINK i still am... but that sucks...
    I don't doubt that it is hardware based.. but, why ? I never dropped it before.. heck, i see people drop their iPhones, and completely shatter the glass and it still works fine. I never so much as plop it onto my desk or anything.
    I hafta go and get it serviced i guess.. but, just doesnt seem fair.. and, there are no "Apple" stores here. Only the local service provider. and they carry all iPhone 4s... :(
    I work 5-6 days a week too... hahahaha hafta spend my day in a queue!