3GS Ipod App Song Delete

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lefty57, Dec 20, 2010.

1. lefty57 macrumors newbie

Jailbroken 3GS running 4.2.1 ...
    Trying to delete songs using IFile/MyTunes ... I'm able to delete the (2) files in the proper directories using IFile, but the song still appears in the IPod songlist.
    Anyone know how to fix this ? Tks ...

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, that is because you cannot add/remove songs from the iPod.app using iFile, the only way to do this is using iTunes. The iPod.app use a combination of the actual sound file + database entry, You are removing the file but the database entry is still there so the song will show up on ipod.app

3. lefty57 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, should have mentioned that the songs were downloaded using MewSeek and do not show up in ITunes. Is there a way to get ITunes to recognize them or do I need to use another piece of software like ISpirit, IFunBox to make this happen ? Tks again ...

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I am not familiar with MewSeek, however it seen weird to me that they show up on your iPod Songlist and not in itunes, Itunes read the same database as ipod.app, they should show up, but again, maybe MewSeek do something weird so in that case, you will need to find out what exactly MewSeek does with the song in order to revert it. If IFile didn't work, IFunbox and ispirit will do the same thing, since they are File Explorer as well.

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i keep a lot of music on my iphone (moved manually to the ipod THRU itunes)
    that i DON'T keep in itunes on the computer, so...it's easy to have different libraries (what's on my mac, and what's on the ipod app)...

but yeah, the database ON the ipod still 'sees' the songs you're removing..

6. lefty57 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, just synced with ITunes and wiped out the IPod song list. Opened MewSeek and resynced. Song list in IPod now is screwed up alphabetically.
    MewSeek won't even start now - reinstalled Mewseek same issue. Anyone else see this behavior ?