3gS issues after repairs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luvmshavd, Aug 10, 2009.

1. luvmshavd macrumors newbie

So i went last night to th Genius Bar because my 3gS had debris under the screen, the genius said he would replace the screen with no hesitation, Took him about 15min... Now im having issues with battery life after the screen was replaced and the new screen is not as vibrant as my old screen and i noticed there are scratches on the back of my week old phone now.. What should i do....

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Not as vibrant?

Did they replace the glass or screen underneath? Not doubting you - but are you sure it's not "in your head" worries?

Not much you'll be able to do about the scratches in the back since you're already home and didn't say something right then and there. If you go back - there's deniability...

Battery life being worse? As in what? Specifics please

3. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Too bad you didn't notice the scratches while you were still in the store.
    Also, I'm surprised to hear they're doing screen replacements in the store. Not doubting you, it just surprised me.

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

5. luvmshavd thread starter macrumors newbie

They replaced the whole screen and glass assembly, The screen colors are more washed out, the itunes logo was deep purple on my old screen and the new one is more like a pastel looking purple... as far as battery life I took it off the charger at 6:30 this moring and its now 11:30 and i have sent only one text and its a at 86%, there is times it wont count the usage because it thinks its not fully charged, Last nite it displayed i had 31% battery life left sent one text then i checked my phone 20min later and it was at 18% seems wierd...

6. luvmshavd thread starter macrumors newbie

Yah i was shocked the genius said that they can do it, takes about 15min they had 2 screens in stock.. someone else was getting there screen replaced to..

7. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Wow.. on battery life.
    I wonder if they put a 3GS screen, or a 3G screen on (if that's possible). It seems as though there was a difference of connections but I may be wrong.
    I know that my wife's 3G has more of a yellow tint to it than my 3GS which seems more blueish.

8. luvmshavd thread starter macrumors newbie

Its shows 3gs screen on repair order with a part #, i think my old screen had more of that blueish tint which made it more vibrant and darker looking....

9. davyreins macrumors 6502

I had the screen of my 3G replaced in store and a week later the chrome bezel started to separate from the plastic. Went in again and they swapped it out no problem. Although this isn't the same problem you have, it shows that replacing the screen can cause some future problems. I would go in and tell them what happened and see what they say.

10. luvmshavd thread starter macrumors newbie

Went to the apple store last nite and walked out with a brand new out box Iphone, Props to apple for great customer service...