3GS Jailbreak Problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by benflick, Jun 6, 2010.

1. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

So today I traded my Black 8GB 3G flat out for a White 16GB 3GS:D
    The only problem is, this one is locked, and mine needs to be unlocked for my carrier, Cincinnati Bell. I haven't been paying attention to the 3GS jailbreak/unlock scene, because I have always had the 3G.
    I searched on here and was able to activate the phone and jailbreak it. I now need to unlock it. The firmware is 3.1.3, and the baseband is 5.12.01. My assumption is that it cannot be unlocked.
    I opened up Cydia after jailbreaking and noticed on the top of the screen it says: "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS 3.1.2, 3.1.3" Does that mean that I can downgrade the frimware? What about the baseband?
    Thanks.

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

You can downgrade the OS, not the modem firmware. Be patient, it's coming soon ;)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    You cant unlock now, hopefully soon though.

4. benflick thread starter macrumors 68020

benflick

Okay, well after getting stuck in a reboot cycle for an hour, I went ahead and updated to 3.1.3.
    I guess I just have to wait until 4.0 is released, then the unlock shortly thereafter.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

MuscleNerd Tweet

People still ask, but sure, with both 4.0 & iPhoneHD coming out this month, so too will the 3.1.3/4.0 carrier unlocks
    about 1 hour ago via Twittelator

6. benflick thread starter macrumors 68020

benflick

Yeah, I follow MuscleNerd so I saw the Tweet. Great timing for me because just this morning is when I got my 3GS. I still can't believe I traded my 8GB 3G for a mint 16GB 3GS:).