3GS Jailbreak+Unlock 3.1.3 new baseband, iTunes 9.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mdude85, Jun 26, 2010.

  1. mdude85 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2010
    #1
    I have a 3GS which I am planning to sell unlocked. I upgraded to 4.0 official firmware but managed to downgrade back to 3.1.3 (it took a while) because I thought the JB+unlock would be better supported. But my iTunes is upgraded to 9.2. I have the 5.13.04 baseband which f0recast says is unlockable, but I don't know how old this f0recast software is or if a new JB has been released.

    I'd like to either keep 3.1.3 and JB+unlock using iTunes 9.2 (Spirit does not work for 9.2? I only have one computer so I cannot install an older version somewhere else) or upgrade to 4.0 stock and JB, but I NEED the unlock as well to sell the phone. I don't really care if I sell the phone with iOS4.0 or 3.1.3. I just need to get rid of it :)

    I tried using Redsnow 0.9.4 with a 3.1.3 IPSW and it wasn't verifying correctly. Could I use Redsnow 0.9.5 for the 3GS on 3.1.3 or should I upgrade back to 4.0 and apply Redsnow 0.9.5? Will it unlock with my baseband?

    Please help!! I have searched countless blogs and they are all so messy with contradicting information.

    What's the best way to proceed from here?
     
  2. TMar macrumors 68000

    TMar

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    Location:
    Ky
    #2
    Downgrade itunes JB with spirit and unlock with ultrasn0w. F0recast is way outdated. Redsn0w can not JB 3.1.3
     
  3. mdude85 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2010
    #3
    Thanks, it seems like downgrading is best, but I am running into a bit of a problem:

    I have an iPhone 4 that is synced to my iTunes 9.2, and I still have my 3GS which has been restored and wiped. If I uninstall iTunes 9.2 to downgrade, won't I lose all my synced data? Should I downgrade and then resync all my data from the iPhone 4, then proceed to JB the 3GS on older iTunes, then finally upgrade back to 9.2?

    I am really afraid to lose all the data on my iPhone 4 by downgrading to a different version of iTunes e.g. 9.0.
     
  4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

    Neolithium

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2010
    Location:
    Wherever the army needs me.
    #4
    You might want to wait for a few of the others to suggest something too, but my idea would be just downgrade your itunes to 9.1.1 so you can use spirit and unlock the phone. There is currently no iOS4 JB for the 3GS, consider yourself lucky you could downgrade since Apple has stopped signing 3.1.3 as far as I know.
     
  5. mdude85 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2010
    #5
    Haha yeah, it took literally hours to get back to 3.1.3. I don't really want to re-upgrade to 4.0 if I don't have to. And I don't really feel like waiting for a 4.0 JB for the 3GS.

    I'm just afraid of losing all my data in doing an iTunes downgrade. What's the best way to proceed to make sure I still have the synced data from my iPhone 4?
     
  6. TMar macrumors 68000

    TMar

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    Location:
    Ky
    #6
    I've had a bunch of problems with itunes lately with numerous uninstalls and reinstalls and itunes doesn't remove all that data. All my apps, playlist, libraries, and backups are always still there.

    Why's that? That's the only choice he has. Yeah, apple has stopped signing 3.1.3 but obviously he has his SHSH on file for or he wouldn't have been able to. If he wants to keep 3.1.3 then his only choice is spirit.
     

Share This Page