3gs jailbroken and unlocked should I upgrade

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TwistedBehavior, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TwistedBehavior macrumors newbie

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to upgrade itunes and phone to the latest versions?. Will I keep my unlock and jailbroken services ok? if so will I get the multi tasking options? (as I would like more than one ap working at the same time)

Cheers guys n girls still new to this.

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

No. Youll lose it all. But you can just reJB and re unlock once youre at 4.0.1.

3. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Just did 3.1.2 jb to 4.0.1 jb on my 3Gs Monday night....still working on it (tweeking/learning mostly).

One note......I'm not unlocked, so can't comment there.

I miss Proswitcher and Backgrounder. Almost second nature with the way I had the swipes and config working when on 3.1.2. Those are two apps that should've been pay apps, IMHO, I'd gladly paid for them.

Backgrounder crashes to safe mode now for me....tried it twice. Proswitcher is not compatible, might not ever be updated. Don't like the new app switch method (yet). Apps just stay open in the background (if they are capable) and slowly just eat away available memory until you kill the process with SBSettings. After rebooting, I always hovered around 128-140mb of memory on 3.1.2. On 4.0.1, it's starting around 110mb, and it goes down from there constantly unless I manage it constantly. While this memory issue may not be a big deal on a iPhone 4, the 3Gs starts out with less memory.....

FWIW. My $0.02.

4. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Oh....and make sure you have your SHSHs on file first..in case you do want to downgrade (I'm not sure I'll do that yet).

5. TwistedBehavior thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Cheers all done thanks for your help.
    Now I just need figure out how to switch.