3GS Jailbroken on 5.0.1 tethered - OLD BOOTROM

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RRRize, Dec 22, 2011.

1. RRRize, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

RRRize macrumors regular

I just jailbroke my 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 but can only boot it tethered, even though it's the old bootrom. Anyone know how I can overcome this and boot untethered?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

From DevTeam:

If you have an iPhone 3GS with older bootrom and used RedSn0w 0.9.9b9, you can simply run this new version of RedSn0w on top of it…

iPhone3GS owners in our comments section below noticed a problem with the untethered jailbreak available for the old-bootrom 3GS. We’ve corrected that problem in 0.9.9b9d. If you have an old-bootrom 3GS and have already used last night’s redsn0w on it, you can re-run it again without losing anything. Just use this new version, go to Extras->IPSW and manually select the 5.0.1 IPSW, then go back and Jailbreak it again (but you can uncheck Cydia because it’s already installed).

3. greenbot macrumors newbie

06.15 trepidation.

any 06.15 experts out there?

Wondering if flashing the iPad baseband (06.15) onto my 3GS will cause future problems with the upcoming untethered jailbreak? (now that it may be delayed)

I'm on 5.0.1 w/ new bootrom (tethered) and need an unlock....
    I know I'll loose GPS, but I don't want to risk loosing the untether too.

Thanks.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Baseband has not thing to do with tethered or untethered jailbreak! Firmware is.

Since you know that your phone GPS is gone, you are good to go. If you want untethered jailbreak on your phone, you could downgrade to 4.1 if you don't have SHSH.

5. RRRize thread starter macrumors regular

You were totally spot on! Thanks! It worked like a charm! My phone boots untethered now! Thanks again!

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

great, happy holidays!

7. StuMagoo macrumors newbie

So it was mentioned that you should manually select the 5.0.1 IPSW. I made a custom one that doesn't affect my BB, but I tried to select that one and it didn't work. Do I just select the one issued by Apple?

Thanks.

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

when you jailbreak, select stock firmware and not the one you made.

9. RRRize thread starter macrumors regular

You should select the custom IPSW when you go to restore in iTunes. But when you're in Redsn0w, you should manually select the Apple original IPSW.

10. StuMagoo macrumors newbie