3Gs Lacks MMS Capacity?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by warburg, Oct 12, 2009.

1. warburg macrumors 6502

I don't understand why my 3Gs seems to lack MMS. When I open the "Messages" icon, I don't see any MMS icon. Also, when I choose to share a photo, there is no MMS option, only "Email Photo," "Assign to Contact," and "Use as Wall Paper." What do I need to do to obtain MMS? :confused:

2. megapopular macrumors 6502a

How long have you had your iPhone and when is the last time that you connected to iTunes? ITunes should offer you a 3.1.2 update and a carrier settings update. After those updates, restart your iPhone and you should have the camera icon and be ready to go!

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Look for the camera symbol next to the text input field, that is, if you've updated your carrier file.

Attached Files:

4. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks very much. I believe this answers my question. I did update to 3.1, but that was before MMS came to the iphone. I've been away from home for a month and haven't synced my phone in that time. When I return next week and sync, this problem should be resolved.

5. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Yep, that's it :). Carrier 5.5 (and now 5.6) was released, but you can't just receive it over-the-air; you have to get it through iTunes.

6. megapopular macrumors 6502a

If u have a friend with a pc, u can downlaod the carrier file without updating to 3.1.2 and get immediate access to mms. Best luck!