3GS losing signal

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ultimatelightwe, Apr 23, 2011.

1. ultimatelightwe macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

My wifes 3GS is having an issue with signal. It keps losing signal for no reason. Im on the same network and have no issues.

I search for available carriers and none are found. Then all of a sudden the signal will return and be normal.

A 'Genius' looked at it and said the phone needs replacing. Didn't try and diagnose the issue. Phones out of warranty so it's £140 for the pleasure. Don't really want to do that as we're not far off the upgrade date of the contract.

Any ideas? I would have thought if it was hardware it would be out all the time?

Cheers,

2. j2048b macrumors 6502a

man i am in the same boat as you only worse! i had to super power my phone off like 10 times yesterday due to no 3g showing and 1 bar, then it going to searching, then back to no service, and so on! it has sucked prety bad latly! i am switching to verizon today!!!

cant wait! at&t for like 5-7 years and very unhappy!

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

hardware problems can and often are intermittent, especially with electronics due to heat causing failed connections to expand and contract, making the issue intermittent.

4. amenze macrumors newbie

I have been having this problem recently, are you on 3? I seem to have been having this problem since the last ios update.

5. j2048b macrumors 6502a

i am on a 3gs and yeah ever since the last update like a week ago, my phone has been sheeet!

verizon or bust!

6. ultimatelightwe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies guys.

When we think about it, it's only since the last update that ours is having the problems.

I think we're over a barrel realy, now way out of it.

We're on orange who were quite helpful but there's not much they can do do as apple dictate everything.

Oh well.