3GS Mysterious self dialing - Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by XieoBebe, Mar 30, 2011.

1. XieoBebe macrumors member

I've searched everywhere to find an explanation to my dilemma but couldn't find any answer so I hope someone can help me out here. I have a 3GS (less than a year old) that suddenly, out of the blue, will wake itself up and started dialing constantly. :confused: Luckily it dialed only to my spouse's phone number. The phone was sitting on the table and then woke itself up and started dialing. It happened on 2 different occasions already (today is one of the 2). The crazy thing is that it would constantly dial out, non-stop. The only way to stop it was to reboot the phone. Btw, the phone is jailbroken running on iOS 4.0.1. Any clue why this happened?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Are you sure you don't have ghosts in your house? :)

I never heard this issue at all. Hopefully, someone will claim to have similar issue and together we can solve the problem.

Worst case scenario is for you to restore the phone. Do you have shsh save for your phone?

3. XieoBebe thread starter macrumors member

Haha, I hope not. :eek: No I haven't safe the shsh. I need to find out how to do that. I hope I don't have to restore. :(

4. Trapper25 macrumors newbie

iphone dialing out on it's own?

Q: What became of this post, was there a resolution?

I ask because at 1:30 am my phone began doing the same thing. Dialing four times in two minutes. Contact #1, Contact #2, Land Line, Contact #2, Contact #1. when i found the phone, i turned off the power and went back to sleep.

Is it possible to program the 3GS (MC640LL) + 5.0.1 (9A405) + 05.16.05 (firmware) to make calls at a specific time or is there something else going on that i can trace back. I am suspicious of Mobile Me plus the other 10 apps pulled down from the i tunes store, but have no way to check that i know of.:confused:

thanks

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

App Store apps can't do this unless you tap a button in the "Do you want to call this number?" dialog box. I don't know of any jailbreak applications that can do this.