3GS (New Bootrom) 3.1.3/05.12.01 Unlock Problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xNinjaTom, Jul 5, 2010.

1. xNinjaTom macrumors newbie

Hi.

I have used Spirit to jailbreak this 3GS which I have got from apple store recently as a replacement; I think it may be a refurbished model. But this all works fully and no problems with this.

But then I used ultrasn0w v0.93.
    (I have searched everywhere, which people have been saying will unlock any iPhone; new and old bootrom which has been jailbroken.)

So I put in another SIM card and it asks me to connect to iTunes, but then it will display within iTunes (v9.1) a message telling me the carrier is not support.
    This message reads:
    [​IMG]

Is there something i'm missing here or does the unlock not work.
    Thanks for any help.

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

I've been away from the scene for a bit, but I'll take a gander.

I'm guessing you haven't activated your phone yet.

You'll need to hacktivate it first. You'll need an ATT SIM card to do it, as I don't think Spirit does it for you.

3. xNinjaTom thread starter macrumors newbie

I have activated my phone with o2 (UK User) and it all works fine. But as soon as I enter any other SIM card it does all that. So far I have tried Vodafone and Orange.

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Strange... it tells you to connect to iTunes after you switch the SIM card?

5. xNinjaTom thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah. Here is a picture of the message and one just before changing SIM showing it working on o2.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

7. xNinjaTom thread starter macrumors newbie

I have just tried that. But it still displays that message. I can't find anyone else with the same problem. Although I have done everything that same as other people.

8. profets macrumors 68040

wow thats a weird/different screen, never seen that before myself.

i'm using a 3GS with new bootrom. i got it while it had 3.1.3, used spirit, and then installed ultrasn0w. works fine when switching sim cards.

9. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This has me a bit worried now. I'm selling my jailbroken and unlocked 3gs on ebay right now (jb to 4.0 using pwnage and baseband is 4.26.08). I've already installed the latest ultrasn0w so whoever buys it can just pop in their sim card and they'll be good to go, right? In other words, can someone just pop in a t-mobile sim and get it working without doing anything else?

10. predator dv macrumors newbie

1. all you need is to delete the previous activation and to follow the following steps

2. Go to Cydia on iPhone and install OpenSSH and automaticSSH

2.1. rebote iPhone

2.2. on your Computer Install WinSCP

3. After install,Connect WinSCP to the iPhone

[​IMG]

4.download patch-Lockdown-files on your desktop
    4.1. Now in WinSCP go to the next destination: / private / var / root / Library /
    4.2 From there copy the Lockdown folder on your C: / partition on computers, purely for backup in case something *******

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4.3 Now delete that Lockdown folder on your iPhone!
    4.4 Now patch-lockdown you are downloaded previously need to unzip to your desktop, and transfer unzip Lockdown folder to your iPhone to the same place where was the old, who we are have deleted (/ private / var / root / Library

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4.5. Right-click on a previously copied Lockdown folder on the iPhone and click on Properties
    4.6. Now on the group PREMISSIONS then on OCTAL tipe 0644. repeat thise to files within the folder, purely for safety.
    4.7 .Now restart the iPhone and insert your card, if this does not work, repeat from step 4 Somewhere you're wrong.

sorry for bad English :)

Attached Files:

11. robinjkm macrumors newbie

Can I unlock the iphone 3gs with new bootrom(359.3.2) 5.12.01 ? Please help......

Can I unlock the iphone 3gs with new bootrom(359.3.2) 5.12.01 ? Please help......