[3GS] No display but just backlight

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Barzi, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Barzi macrumors newbie

Hi,

I dropped my iPhone 3GS and my lcd screen was broken. I ordered a LCD screen + digitizer + home button + earpiece and flexcable assembly (with frame) from ebay and installed it. I have done this a couple of times, so I know how to do this.
    But I have a problem: when i press the home button/power button, only the backlight of the screen turns on, but I does not see anything.

I also tried to restore my firmware (iTunes recognizes the iPhone perfectly), but that didn't work. I also searched google, but I could not found anything like my problem.
    My question offcourse: how to fix this? Is this a problem of the logicboard, or is the lcd screen not good?

Thanks for your help.

2. Barzi thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Transblam32 macrumors newbie

By backlight do you mean a blank white screen?

4. Barzi thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I mean from black (backlight off) to grey (backlight on).

5. Helrader macrumors newbie

i know this is a very old post, but did you ever figure out your problem? i happened to have the same thing and you seem to be the only other person have this happen to them! i hope you get this and thanks for any feedback

6. itiny macrumors newbie

I am not quite sure but I do recall from some video in youtube about assembling a new Screen when its shattered,that if you by mistake forget or misconnect any of the connectors of the digitalizers then you will get grey screen or no display at all. I know you are expert and everything but mistakes do happen with experts too right? The other possibility is your digitalizer and LCD is corrupted or damaged.

Thanks