[3GS] No display but just backlight

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Barzi, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Barzi macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2010

I dropped my iPhone 3GS and my lcd screen was broken. I ordered a LCD screen + digitizer + home button + earpiece and flexcable assembly (with frame) from ebay and installed it. I have done this a couple of times, so I know how to do this.
    But I have a problem: when i press the home button/power button, only the backlight of the screen turns on, but I does not see anything.

I also tried to restore my firmware (iTunes recognizes the iPhone perfectly), but that didn't work. I also searched google, but I could not found anything like my problem.
    My question offcourse: how to fix this? Is this a problem of the logicboard, or is the lcd screen not good?

Thanks for your help.
  2. Barzi thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2010
  3. Transblam32 macrumors newbie

Aug 21, 2010
    By backlight do you mean a blank white screen?
  4. Barzi thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2010
    No, I mean from black (backlight off) to grey (backlight on).
  5. Helrader macrumors newbie

May 27, 2011
    i know this is a very old post, but did you ever figure out your problem? i happened to have the same thing and you seem to be the only other person have this happen to them! i hope you get this and thanks for any feedback
  6. itiny macrumors newbie

May 28, 2011
    I am not quite sure but I do recall from some video in youtube about assembling a new Screen when its shattered,that if you by mistake forget or misconnect any of the connectors of the digitalizers then you will get grey screen or no display at all. I know you are expert and everything but mistakes do happen with experts too right? The other possibility is your digitalizer and LCD is corrupted or damaged.