3GS not activated after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by andrema2, Apr 9, 2011.

1. andrema2 macrumors member

I just jailbreak my iPhone using Pwnage and it doesn't active it with the carrier. I tried twice the jailbreak process and the result is the same.

What can I do ?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. What firmware version and baseband on the phone?
    2. Which carrier you want to use it on? are you trying to unlock the phone?

3. andrema2 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, you're right. I was too much in a hurry and did not pay attention to the information that matters.

I'm upgrading to 4.3.1. My baseband is 05.16.02. My carrier is a Brazilian carrier called Vivo. My 3GS is from week 33.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Base on your info, your phone has the baseband that can't be unlocked at the moment. If you need to unlock the phone, then you need to upgrade the baseband to the ipad baseband 06.15, then you need install Ultrasn0w 1.2 from Cydia to unlock it.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like CRX said above your baseband cannot be unlocked. Try installing the ipad bb.
    Activating the phone and unlocking is 2 different things.
    Activating lets you into the homescreen so you're not stuck in the connect to itunes logo.
    Unlocking lets you use any carriers sim with the phone.

6. andrema2 thread starter macrumors member

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback. In fact, I don't need the unlock, my iPhone was purchased with the carrier I use. The issue that I have is like the IPSW generated by Pwnage has some problem. I tried the redsn0w and the result was the same.

What I meant by activating is that after the jailbreaking my phone never connects to the carrier network. I'm not sure how is it called in english and I assumed that it was activation.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh ok, that's because with pwnage you didnt uncheck the box that says activate.
    Follow this below and create another custom 4.3.1 ipsw with pwnage tool.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14572
    When you get to step 6 make sure to uncheck the box that says "activate iphone"
    This way you can activate officially after that with your sim and then you will get signal again.
    Or you can restore to official 4.3.1 from itunes and after your phone is done restoring and activated with your official simcard inside then you run redsnow to JB.

8. andrema2 thread starter macrumors member