3GS not autojoining known Wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johndallas999, Jan 20, 2011.

1. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

I have a refurb 3gs that I recently recieved and it won't auto join wifi locations that i've manually setup (home and work). It simply stays on 3G until I go into settings, Wifi and manually select the known (configured) wifi networks. It's running 4.2.1

Any ideas why?

2. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I had this problem on my 3GS actually. I don't know of the cause, but what fixed it for me was going into settings and resetting my network settings (you will have to re-enter your wifi passwords and such). Hope it works, and if it doesn't, if your iPhone is under warranty I'm sure Apple would replace it for you.

3. Scott90 macrumors 6502

I have the same thing with my iPhone 4, resetting network settings didn't work unfortunately. I've even done a restore from backup, didn't work either. I'm jailbroken on 4.1, so I don't really want to get it fixed by Apple as I'll get a new phone, probably with 4.2.1 and a higher baseband. Full restore isn't an option since I want to keep my data (contacts, texts, settings, app data, etc.)...

4. johndallas999 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

FYI, mine is jailbroken as well. I did the reset network settings and so far so good. I'll report back in a day or 2 to let you know if the problem returns.

5. johndallas999 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

6. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I'm glad you brought this up because I have a question about autojoining networks because at my school we have sign into cisco with a username and password to get on wifi. Well I do that and click remember password but if I have my phone off for an extended amount of time it won't autojoin and I have to re-enter everything, nothing is saved.