3Gs Not Syncing with New Computer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GPeaslee, Aug 9, 2011.

1. GPeaslee macrumors member

I just built a new computer and installed Windows 7 and itunes 10.4. My old computer had Windows XP and the previous version of itunes. My 3Gs is jailbroken and is on firmware 4.1. I can't get my phone to sync with the new computer. itunes recognizes the phone, runs a backup, then locks when it starts to sync. I have tried rebooting the computer, resetting the phone, uninstalling/reinstalling itunes, but nothing has worked. The phone synced flawlessly to my old Windows XP computer. Would love some help to fix this. Thanks.

2. GPeaslee thread starter macrumors member

Help Please

What else can I try to get my iphone to sync with itunes? Are there some files I can copy from the old computer to the new one?

3. GPeaslee thread starter macrumors member

More Information

Still not able to sync, but here is some more information.:

1) downgraded to itunes 9.2.1.5 but still would not sync
    2) itunes recognizes my phone - shows the phone name, firmware version, space allocated, etc.
    3) transfer purchases worked fine and moved all my apps into itunes
    4) to test sync from phone to itunes, I took a picture, but it would not sync.
    4) uninstalled/reinstalled Apple USB Device driver but still would not sync -
    (device manager shows everything is working properly).
    6) when I click sync, itunes backs up my phone but then doesn't sync
    7) turned off Windows 7 firewall, but no change

I have spent hours on google to find a solution and am running out of ideas. Can someone please suggest other things to try? I haven't changed anything on my phone, and I am really at a loss to understand why it won't sync to my new computer.

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Have you tried just syncing 1 thing like music, video, app one of them could be corrupt?

5. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

@GPeaslee - Is all your media from your iPhone on your new Windows 7 PC, or have you yet to transfer it all? I am sure that once you attempt to sync, it should give you the message about the iPhone being synced to another computer and that you require having to either "Erase and Sync" or "Cancel".

As well, have you tried syncing while your on your springboard, instead of the lock screen?

6. GPeaslee thread starter macrumors member

All of the media that I sync to my phone is on the new computer, but I am only trying to sync my pictures until I am sure it is working. I tried syncing while on the springboard but still didn't work. Thanks for suggestions and keep them coming.

7. GPeaslee thread starter macrumors member

OK maybe it's time to consider restoring and re-jailbreaking. I am on iOS 4.1 now and have blobs saved on Cydia for 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3.3, and 4.3.5. My baseband is 05.14.02 which I know is unlockable. All of my contacts, music, ringtones, and pictures are already backed up on my computer. Can someone guide me through the steps to backup my Cydia apps, backup app settings/data, restore firmware (should I update), re-jailbrake, restore Cydia apps, restore app settings/data, then sync with my computer? Thanks for your help!