3GS on 4.01 Jailbroken & Unlocked prepare for sale?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by likegadgets, Oct 9, 2010.

1. likegadgets macrumors 6502

I have a 3GS that is Jailbroken and unlocked on 4.0 and baseband 4.26.08.
    I need to delete everything and preserve the jailbreak and unlock.

I searched, but cannot find a clear option. Deleting everything will apparently require a reload of the firmware with the risk of getting an upgraded unlockable baseband.

What is the best option for securely erasing all data and preserving the jaibreak and unlock?

Thanks

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

If you have your SHSH saved for 4.0.1 -

restore to clean 4.0.1 with TinyUmbrella and iTunes. Go to jailbreakme.com, then unlock with ultrasn0w.

If you don't -

Go through your phone manually and delete any content that you left behind until it's clean.

3. likegadgets thread starter macrumors 6502

But will restoring to a clean 4.01 via Tiny Umbrella truly secure delete everything? I am under the impression that only the function of secure and delete everything (that takes hours) is the only secure option.

Could I do the Delete everything and then do the Tiny Umbrella restore to 4.01 ? as I do have the SHSH for 4.01 and 4.0 saved.

Thank you.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

if you have SHSH saved, then feel free to erase your data as securely as you think necessary. Just be aware that if you update to 4.1 without TU, you will lose your unlock ability. This is the only danger I see in your case. Everything else is moot because you will be able to downgrade firmware as you see fit.