iPhone 3GS on 5.1.1 update? jailbreak? need unlocked

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AndyP79, Dec 6, 2013.

1. AndyP79 macrumors newbie

Hey Folks,
    Brand new here. I recently got a 3GS from a friend who upgraded. AT&T won't unlock it unless its active :mad: so..... been searching and shuffling around on the line, and need to clarify a few things.
    I have 5.1.1(9B206)
    BB 05.16.05
    model MC 135LL
    Serial **943******

I have been struggling to unlock 5.1.1 with the BB or even downgrade the BB. And, it appears the newest versions of Ultrasn0w only work with version 6.**, so....

I am thinking of upgrading to iOS 6.1.3 (think that is the latest version telling me I can update to), then downgrade it to 6.1.2 and downgrade the BB so I can jailbreak and unlock. I am trying to install a Net10 SIM card, so the unlock is more important.
    Anyone got thoughts on this? Problems? Different suggestions? Need to get done soon so I can cancel my contract with Verizon before the next billing date next week.
    :)
    Thanks for checking the thread.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

AT&T will unlock it for free for previous owner unless your friend owes AT&T $$$ for jumping on a contract.

3. AndyP79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, he had upgraded, still has them, lady on the phone told us that unless it is active, they can't unlock it. Maybe I will try again, get someone else and keep trying till they unlock it.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Ultrasn0w works fine on 5.x

To downgrade the BB you first need to install the iPad BB after that you can downgrade to 05.13.04