Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2007
So apparently Spotlight can't see any apps that are hidden or are in Categories folders, but I stumbled on the solution... SpotBright!
Its on the BigBoss repo and works like a freakin charm, it basically combines the best parts of Spotlight and Quickgold! It saves your most frequent searches and can look inside Categories folders/hidden apps. I was stoked to find this app and am surprised more people haven't been talking about it, it keeps Spotlight relevant on a jailbroken iphone. :D

Thanks a ton, I almost deleted categories for this very reason but I'm downloading spotbright right now...(EDIT: AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!)

now if only there was a way to clean up the updates from the app store on apps that are in categories folders. The installing bar always freezes up and I have to reboot. Anyone running into the same problem?

acsmit5

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2009
Since Winterboard doesn't work there's no way to get custom backgrounds yet huh?

I was able to get Winterboard to work on my 3GS by doing this...

Install SBSettings first.
When you install Winterboard and Cydia prompts you with the button to "Reboot Device", DO NOT DO IT. Mine crashed twice before I figured this out.
Instead simply exit out of Cydia, and use SBSettings to respring, and you should be good to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.