3GS Restore to official IPSW...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by g33, Feb 7, 2010.

1. g33 macrumors 6502

I need to go to the apple store 2moro in effort to try and exchange my phone (might be broken).

So i guess the best thing to do is restore it to 3.1.2, an Apple official IPSW. first of all is this possible. I am on jailbroken 3.1.2 with the SSHHs on file so i guess thats ok?

However if an exchange or replacement does not go through successfully can i go from the official 3.1.2 IPSW to my ready made custom 3.1.2 IPSW i made via the pwntool?

chers

2. hchavarria macrumors 6502

In my experience depending on what is wrong with the phone they may ask you to load the latest FW to determine if it solves the problem. Everytime I have gone they have told me to upgrade then come back. With the info stored in Cydia then you can always downgrade.

3. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeh i was thinking that :/

well an upgrade is a no no because i wont be able to jailbreak.

got a bigger problem now and it wont backup - says device is diconnected. ive tried the delete and reset sync history and stil doesnt work :(

4. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

hang on did u just say i can upgrade to 3.1.3 and then downgrade back to my custom 3.1.2?

5. weeman macrumors 6502

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Be aware that your baseband (modem firmware) will be upgraded and you will lose your ability to unlock. You will be able to jailbreak, but your phone will be locked to the official carrier.