3GS running 3.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FuriousD, Oct 18, 2009.

1. FuriousD macrumors member

Little help please guys as you can see i am a bit behind the times with my 3GS.

I used to have a 2g iPhone which i used on Voda so obviously unlocked and jail broken. I moved across to O2 when the 3GS came out. Loving the phone but want to go back to being unlock and jailbroken. I have experience of iliberty way back when, but in recent times have used pwnage and redsnow on my 2g.

I want to sort out my 3GS, i and still running an itunes 3.0, i have the following:
    iBEC
    iBSS
    Purplera1nyday number
    iphone2,1_3.0_7A341_restore.ipsw

Like i say would like to be on latest firmware (if poss) and unlock and jailbroken. I am using a mac

Cheers
    D

2. Echnin macrumors newbie

Hello. I was in much the same situation, and you can read about it here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=805078

Basically, from what I've read, purplera1n will update your baseband and make it impossible to unlock indefinitely (possibly forever) so do not use purplera1n.

You may try using PwnageTool 3.1.4 directly, but that did exactly not work for me (1604 and 2001 errors). What worked for me was to use redsn0w with 3.0 ipsw (7A341, the one you have). From there it should be easy to update to 3.1.2 using PwnageTool, though I cannot say as I haven't done it myself.

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

The process to follow is this:

Use redsn0w to jailbreak your phone on 3.0.

Put your vodafone simcard in. Use pwnage to create a 3.1.2 custom file, activated - with pwnage you will not update to a non-unlockable baseband. Install the custom file via iTunes latest version

Install ultrasn0w to unlock the phone.

You should be done.

4. FuriousD thread starter macrumors member

I used redsn0w and ultrasn0w to jailbrake and unlock 3.0, all working fine. Will look at pwnage for custom 3.1.2 maybe next week.
    Cheers
    D