3gs said nike plus sensor battery is low

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mathewr, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mathewr macrumors 6502

is it the chip in the phone or the sensor in the shoe?

2. azhagan macrumors member

The battery that is low is in the chip that you place in or on your footwear.

3. Undispu7ed macrumors newbie

You answered your own question. The answer is within the question you asked.

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Wow. He gave two options and is asking which one it is. Of course the answer is somewhere in there. :rolleyes:

As others have said, its the sensor in the shoe. The chip in the phone is running off the same battery that everything else in the phone is running off of, so as long as it the phone has some charge left the Nike stuff on the phone will work. The sensor in the shoe, however, is obviously powered by a different battery, and this is what that message is referring to.

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i think what was meant is that his title mentioning the sensor basically answered the question

6. Undispu7ed macrumors newbie

Lol I'm not trying to be a dick but the title says

"3gs said nike plus sensor battery is low"

The phone says the sensor battery is low....hmmm

7. mathewr thread starter macrumors 6502

i didnt know the phone could tell the sensor was low. thats why i asked the question. when i used the senor with the ipod it didnt do that.

but thank u everyone for the responses

8. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

So do they have replaceable batteries on those sensors yet? Until then, I'll probably have to hold off...$19 a pop is a bit much.

Although, how long does one last?

9. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

Hey thanks for bringing this up. It's pretty cool that the iPhone can tell you the battery is dead on the sensor.

10. mathewr thread starter macrumors 6502

apparently im an idiot for not knowing this

11. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

12. arykmax macrumors regular

I can tell you that I have put around 160 miles on my first sensor over the past 12 months and it is still going.

13. shanejh macrumors newbie

ARhhhhhhhhhhhhhgh

I get the same message, but my sensor is brand new. I can't actually get my 3gs to work with any sensors yet. I tried my old one and thinking the battery was dead went and got a new one and now I get a "sensor battery low" message. Anyone else having issues?

I can link but then it just doesn't find it when I try run. It finds the sensor but doesn't show anything or it drops the sensor and can't find it. Really getting up my nose. (Do I actually HAVE to calibrate it) before it will work?

I upgraded from a 3g to 3gs mainly because I need a phone with me when I'm running and walking the dog. So anoying.:mad:

14. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

They also say don't leave it in your shoe as it can kill the battery.

15. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I still can't believe the 3G doesn't have Nike+ ...

16. arykmax macrumors regular

How so? It doesn't plug into anything in your shoe. There is no difference between leaving it in your shoe and setting it on a desk.

17. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Also...

For those who don't know. If you're not gonna be using the sensor you can press the button on the sensor for 3 seconds to turn it off. Otherwise it's on 24/7 and will lose more power, of course.

18. arykmax macrumors regular

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. I put the sensor in my show in May 08 and haven't touched it since then. It's still going fine.

19. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

Same here. One more mine is going on 18 months old and still going strong. I have had no issues with it. Maybe they have a 'sleep' mode or auto off.

20. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I was under the impression that it only transmits when it senses motion, hence the reason you actually have to walk/run to get the iPhone to "see" it ...