3GS Screen; Dimmer than my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Betelgeuse, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Betelgeuse macrumors member

I just got my 3G S last Friday. It's my first iPhone but, before that, I had the first gen iPod Touch. I was just comparing them side by side today and noticed that my iPod Touch screen was much brighter; like twice as bright. My first thought was it might be some setting, but the "brightness" slider is in the middle for both devices. I then thought it might be something with the Auto brightness adjustment, but I turned off the "Auto" setting on both the iPhone and the iPod and nothing changed.

My iPhone is still completely usable (and if I hadn't compared it to the iPod, I don't know I would have every noticed there was anything "wrong"), but I was a bit surprised by the difference. Any insights?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Try to compare yours to another 3GS to see if there is a significant difference. If there is, then you probably get another one if the screen is dim. If you don't like your 3GS now is the time to exchange it. Since this model was just released Apple doesn't have many 3GS refurbs just yet -- and the one they'd pull out of the while box would be truly new. As opposed to another returned phone they just put a new outside shell over to make it appear new.