3GS Screen Freeze

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Storm Shadow, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

I had my 3GS replaced at a genius bar a couple of weeks ago and I have been having problems with the new unit. Occasionally and randomly the screen will become unresponsive (this could be whilst using an app, or writing an SMS, or even just when using the home screen).

When the unit does not respond pressing the Home button will return to the springboard however the touchscreen will remain un-responsive until I press the Lock button and then unlock the phone again.

Has anyone had this problem or anything similar. I dont think it is caused by apps crashing because the app will still be doing whatever it was doing, the screen is just unresponsive.

I have tried restores and no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. tmessers macrumors newbie

did you get this fixed

Mine is doing the same thing. it started on 3.1.2 then 3.1.3 didn't fix it and 4.0 doesn't fix it either. I have restored it back to the factory defaults with no resync of any apps so it is just like it was pulled from the box and the it still freezes.

Help, don't want to have to drive to the Apple Store unless its truly broke.