3gs shattered screen! questions:

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by j2048b, May 11, 2011.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

I recently dropped my iphone 3gs and it shattered, it is still useable, but very hard to read anything, so my question is:

since the digitizer is still in good working condition, is there any way to just change the glass, or better yet,

can one chip the glass off, and still use it in their otterbox defender case?

i am not going to be with at&t much longer, so i need to just get a few more months use outa it,

and no i wont sell it, as my kid uses it for the ipod and movies and such.

thanks for any advice or help!

2. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

The front glass that is shattered is the digilizer. If you are up for the challenge you can get a digilizer for as cheap as $7 off amazon or ebay. If you do not feel up for the challenge there are usually postings on craigslist of people whom meet you at a starbucks or a similar place and bring everything to replace it and replace the digilizer while you two have a chat and some coffee. A service like this is usually 30-40 depending on where you live.

3. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

its cool thanks i got one of of the bay for $20 and in about 20-30 min (first time fixing iphone) i got it switched out!