3GS ship/deliver date from apple.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scmacdaddy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. scmacdaddy macrumors regular

I ordered a white 3GS minutes after the apple store went back up on monday. However, initially it said delivers by june 19th. Now i just checked my order status and it says ships june 19th, delivers june 24th?!? I had the option to ship to store for pickup on the 19th but figured this way i wouldn't have to wait in line. Anyone else notice this? Wanted to check before i call apple to complain and get put on hold for 40 minutes.

2. paulold macrumors 6502

I ordered one this morning from apple.com and it says it will be delivered on the 19th. I called apple's 800 number to confirm this.

I'm pretty sure I had seen other folks who had ordered when it first arrived online complain about this 6/24 delivery date, but I heard that folks were seeing the delivery date get updated on their orders.

If your order still says that, I would give 'em a call. I'm fairly certain that apple intends to have it delivered on Friday.

3. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

If you order online it will arrive on the 19...and if you reserve to pick up in the store they won;t actually hold one for you it is just pre-authorizing so all you have to do is buy it and leave.

4. bobw999 macrumors member

To the OP...did you ever get a reply from Apple? I'm having the same problem.

5. monksealpup macrumors regular

I believe everyone who pre-ordered (at least on Monday) got upgraded to free overnight shipping. The customer support people said we probably won't see a change on the ships on/delivered by dates until the next status change on that order happens (next status change is Prepared for Shipment). Once that happens, you'll see: Delivered by June 19th.

They wouldn't say it if it wasn't true!™

6. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I just want my account to show the items as shipped so I know everything went well.

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

8. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

thankfully mine still says delivers the 19th..i really can't wait any longer!!!!

9. chrbau macrumors member

deliver date

I always receive my fed ex packages a day early so I'll bet it will be overnight. I did notice on my order I was charged a little over double in taxes.

10. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

strangely I wasn't given the option to have my iPhone shipped, it automatically told me to pick an Apple store and come in to upgrade :(

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Apples (ha ha) and oranges: AT&T will hold one for you for seven days.

12. Nanookfan macrumors member

This is what I was told as well, that you have 7 days to pick it up at the store. I guess we'll see what happens.

13. scmacdaddy thread starter macrumors regular

my order got shipped from China via UPS today! here's to hoping it gets here Wed or Thursday!

14. aristobrat macrumors G4

Some states have rules that require cell phones to be taxed on their regular price, not their subsidized price.