3GS - Sleep/Wake Sunk In

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ThunderApple, Sep 17, 2011.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Probably a topic that has been talked about a lot before.

Anyways, after 2 years of having this phone, the sleep/wake button is now barely responsive. The button is 95% sunk in and pressing it doesn't even do anything sometimes. I have to press on the corner of it. It's sunk in due to me having a case, not from dropping it.

Anyone know a simple fix to this?

And does anyone know if Apple will replace this for free if I go? My 2 year contract ended at the start of this month so my Apple care went with it.

2. jhall527 macrumors member

I had this happen to my iPhone 3G and they swapped it out for a refurbished one. My sleep/wake button was totally unresponsive. Mine was a couple of days out of warranty.

As far as my experience at the genius bar, sometimes I've had really pompous jerks who think they are the lords of technology and since my iPhone isn't working properly it must have been my simple-minded, serf-like habits that caused it and nothing more. On the other extreme I have had really great people who do everything they can to fix the problem/get you new hardware. Unfortunately that boils down to a pretty hit-or-miss experience.