3GS slow to establish/activate 3G connection to network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maka344, Nov 6, 2009.

1. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

I currently have a 3GS which is about 6 weeks old. I’ve noticed when trying to use 3G (which is constantly left on) that when accessing an app that uses the internet such as Safari it takes a while to load.

To test this, I’ve got my girlfriends 3G and stood them side by side. Both have full signals and both on the same network and plans with 3G running.

My girlfriends establishes a connection much quicker but once connected and manage to load a page my 3GS will load faster each time there after until I close the app and connect again which then takes longer. Even using Google is much slower to start slower.

Another example is the App store; my girlfriends will load much much faster. I timed this:

My girlfriends 3G 16gb load time from launching app store to being able to see the store: 19.1 seconds

Exactly the same test on my 3GS 32gb: 33.2 seconds.

This is always the case. I’ve restored firmware without restoring back up without any change.

Once my 3GS does connect its fine and is faster than the 3G, it’s just getting that initial connection which is always much much slower than my girlfriends 3G.

2. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

Just done another test…

Google Push,

My girlfriends 3G takes no longer than 10 seconds to receive new main where as my 3GS with this data issue takes around 35-40 seconds. Exactly the same settings, network etc

Can anyone help?