3Gs sluggish and unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by scott2206, May 1, 2011.

1. scott2206 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I hope that somebody can help.

I first noticed this problem after I noticed a new feature on the phones settings for use as a hotspot. My macbooks wireless card is shot so I plugged in my 3Gs via the usb and used it as a hotspot. I used this a couple of times no problem and then for a longer period during this longer period my phone crashed and had a half lit (as in it wasn't turned off as you could just make out the light from the home screen) screen. I did not know how to reset my iPhone at this point so I just had to wait until the battery ran out - luckily I have an iPhone and did not need to wait all that long... After that it was really slow when opening apps and texting was a nightmare and all of a sudden... back to normal.

I though "ah, freak coincidence" plug it back in as a hotspot, unplug it and it seemed fine. A short while later it's back to the unresponsiveness. The text is driving me mad. It throws in fullstops where ever it likes changes my text randomly, keys stick (as on the homescreen) it's just a really bad experience at the moment. The first time lasted about 2 days. this latest time is now about 2 weeks in :( HELP!!!!

Is anybody having a similar experience? Can anybody help?

I have today freed up some space, I've closed the app's I don't use but still it's sooooooo slllllloooooowwwwww!

HELP! Please!:confused:

2. tenshin5426 macrumors newbie

Have you tried a soft reset? You can perform this by holding the home button and the lock button together for around ten seconds the Phoebe would automatically switch off and restart displaying the apple logo for around another 20 seconds, in normal cases that would resolve your issue if not I would try to restore the iPhone via iTunes.

Hope that helps.

3. scott2206 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeas I've done a couple of those restarts since learning how with no change. I'll see if anybody suggests any different and then try the restore.

If I restore will I lose my text messages and data within apps?

Thanks scott

4. tenshin5426 macrumors newbie

You will lose as far back as your last backup + sync, hopefully recent!

5. scott2206 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried the restore from iTunes.

Good News = I lost no data from what I can see as I backed up prior to reset :)

Bad news = No Change :(

It's really bugging me.