3GS sluggish/slow since iOS4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacGiver, Jul 6, 2010.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

I know that installing the iOS4 on the 3G would render it slow....but i was not expecting that for 3GS. Not that it is very sluggish but more than it was with the 3.0. For instance when i open my folders with app in them, it sometimes open in a slow motion...same when i open some app like mail or my camera. In some cases it stops and comes back later on.

Anyone else?

2. hariustrk macrumors member

mine is insanely slow. I am trying a restore to see if that works right now. Crossing my fingers as it's currently unusable.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

Any results from the restore?

I'm finding iOS4 on my 3GS to be jumpy. Almost as if the hardware is fighting to catch up with the OS.

Also, the camera app can take between 3-5 seconds to load. That is the main issue that I have with the OS.

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem. I enjoyed my 3GS a lot more with the 3.x OS on it. Windows and menus take longer to open, some buttons don't respond immediately, typing can be way laggy...it's a shadow of its former snappy self.

Wish I could downgrade.

5. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

If you are not using SPOTLIGHT SEARCH, you can turn it off to speed up the phone. setting>general>spotlight search and uncheck everything, I saw report that it will speed up 3g, so I assume it will do the same thing to 3gs.
    Please report back the result.