3GS Software on a 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gr8whtd0pe, Jun 22, 2009.

1. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

Anyone taken the plunge and at least attempted this? I don't think it will work, but if it did it might give us voice dial, battery percentage and accessibility options. Who knows maybe even some other things.

Anyone?

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

It won't work. The 3Gs has different hardware, thus offers different functionality such as voice control, compass, video, etc.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

There is no reason why the battery percent was left off the 3G.

You're going to have to JailBreak for the battery thing on your 3G.

4. JohnFa macrumors regular

Yeah, why do this? Voice won't work, battery percentage available through jailbrake and what other accessability are you talking about.

These are two different hardware versions, it wouldn't work.

5. gr8whtd0pe thread starter macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

There is a whole accessibility menu on the 3gs that allow zoom screen and mono audio and others. I just want mono sound. I have to listen to music with one ear at work and its annoying sometimes when songs are true stereo and you only get vocals or only music. granted I wouldnt use this all the time but still..

yeah there is no reason these features couldnt have been included with our version.

I think im going to try it anyways when I get home tonight. Worse that happens is it says its not for my phone.