3GS Still Has Yellow Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbSoluTc, Jan 25, 2010.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I purchased my phone on release day and had the yellow screen issue. I have had many replacement phones during the first 3 weeks of release and all but one had issues. I kept one that was not near as bad, but it's not nearly as nice as my 3G was.

Question is, are they still shipping/exchanging phones with the yellow/dingy/washed out screens? What about replacement screens ONLY from the Genius bar?

Thanks for any info. :cool:

2. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I had a beautiful, bright white screen, and had a dead pixel. The Apple store, just last week, changed out the screen for me, and now it's not as bright, and has a yellow tint to it. It doesn't bother me as much as the dead pixel did, but I would rather have my old screen back.

3. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Lovely. Seems like it's still an issue. They need to fix that before I purchase the next phone that comes out.

4. Skydivincoastie macrumors member

I got a screen replacement this morning for dust under my screen...the replacement was a little yellowish, washed out looking..doesn't bother me too much...the dust pissed me off though...

5. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I bought my 3GS about a week after the release date. It had a yellow screen.

About two months ago, I had my 3GS replaced and the screen had a much cooler color temperature than the first one did. I'm very happy now.

6. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I wish they would just all screen adjustments in the OS. It would help the issue some.