Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
One of my biggest pet peeves about Apple is their totally spastic/ADD distribution, or lack thereof, of features across similar products.

The in-ear headphones' volume control works on the 2nd gen Touch, but not the 3G (we finally get volume control with the 3GS). WTF.

The 1st gen Touch didn't get volume buttons. WTF.

The Touch's headphone jack is on the bottom...iPhone's is on the top. WTF.

And now, after a few months of totally digging the 4G Nano's crossfade, and hoping that it would finally come to the next gen iPhone, of course, it doesn't. Or if it does, no one has mentioned it. And assuming it doesn't, why? It can't be because they couldn't do it. If they can do it on a $150 Nano that's half the size of the iPhone, they can do it on the iPhone. My guess is that they are just big spazzes and forgot to put it in. People have been asking for crossfade on an iPod since 2001, and it only took 7 years to get it, on 1 model. WTF. Spazzes I tell you!

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
One of my biggest pet peeves about Apple is their totally spastic/ADD distribution, or lack thereof, of features across similar products.

The in-ear headphones' volume control works on the 2nd gen Touch, but not the 3G (we finally get volume control with the 3GS). WTF.

The 1st gen Touch didn't get volume buttons. WTF.

The Touch's headphone jack is on the bottom...iPhone's is on the top. WTF.

And now, after a few months of totally digging the 4G Nano's crossfade, and hoping that it would finally come to the next gen iPhone, of course, it doesn't. Or if it does, no one has mentioned it. And assuming it doesn't, why? It can't be because they couldn't do it. If they can do it on a $150 Nano that's half the size of the iPhone, they can do it on the iPhone. My guess is that they are just big spazzes and forgot to put it in. People have been asking for crossfade on an iPod since 2001, and it only took 7 years to get it, on 1 model. WTF. Spazzes I tell you!

Who's been asking? This is the first I have heard of it. And for the designs, they do what works. Have you seen the inside of the iPhone? Its as crammed as you can get. What fits on one device, doesn't fit on another. And for the 1st gen not having volume buttons, who cares? Thats how they made it and they changed it in 2nd gen.... it was a 1st gen device after all...

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
Hmmmm...

My.. that's a Lot of WTF's.. Oh well, it's a GIANT leap for a "Phone" that is for sure...

it is look'ng pretty MultiMedia friendly in general, but I am sure someday it (or something like it) will do EVERYTHING that EVERYONE wants =-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.