3GS still on 3.1.2 with JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wonderspark, Oct 11, 2011.

1. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

I have my old 3GS that I jailbroke in late 2009 while on 3.1.2, because I wanted to be able to multitask, have 5-dock and SBSettings. That's really all I use. Really, I just wanted to be able to play Pandora in the background while texting without the music stopping, and the other things are just nice bonuses that I can live without.

My question is, does current iOS (4.3.5) and/or iOS5 allow texts to be made while playing Pandora?

If so, I'll just restore and upgrade my phone, since these days I find a lot of apps aren't available on my ancient version 3.1.2, which is why I'm considering the move in the first place. The phone has been flawless without any updates all this time, including all that mess with alarms not working right after the new year that so many people had, and I want to believe the phone will continue to be flawless if I update it.

Thanks!

2. wonderspark thread starter macrumors 68030

wonderspark

Never mind... I backed up, restored and updated to 4.3.5 and all is well. It was nice that the apps erased by the restore process were all waiting for me to re-install with the little cloud-download icons. Kinda nice to have finally updated after all this time!

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Glad you get it works. However, you have lost the most valuable of this iphone which is the 04.26 baseband, which if you decide to sell this phone later, you can get much more money because it can be unlocked by Ultrasn0w. Once you restore your phone to 4.3.5 which you did, you are no longer have the ability to unlock it now.