3Gs stolen during delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tammyology, Jul 6, 2009.

1. tammyology macrumors newbie

I ordered a new 3Gs IPhone, when it was delivered, the driver from FED EX claimed he was scared my 6 pound yorkie was going to bite him. He asked me to pick him up, so I did, and the driver put the package under my free arm. He asked me to sign, and I did. I got in the house, took out a knife to cut it open, and guess what??? The package was already cut. My new phone was missing, all the accessories were still there, but not the phone. I reported this to Fed Ex, and Apple. It's been a week now and I still have no phone. Why can't apple track this new phone through GPS? Any suggestions on what action I should take next would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for any help,
    Tammy

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

well first thing you need to contact fedex and file a claim. Then also contact apple to see if there's anything they can do on their end.

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Because the phone needs to be activated, you need to buy a MobileMe account; your MobileMe account information needs to be loaded into the iPhone settings and Find My iPhone needs to be turned on in the phone settings.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Agree with above but lesson learned - ALWAYS inspect packages before signing for them. They may give you a hard time.

5. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I'm guessing FedEx is going to say "Here's her signature accepting the package (and the driver will verify she accepted the package). Claim closed."

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Nope you can't track it

because you didn't get to activate it. Sorry wish I could deliver good news I would call Apple again technically they requested the fedex delivery unless you went though AT&T then call them. but FEDEX works though who ever the shipper was they have to file the claim before Fedex will evewn really talk to you. Problem is you signed for it saying all was good so it's gonna be a tough one. hopefully yor fedex guy has light fingers and a few other thefts were reported. Afraid of a 6 pound yorkie! :p

7. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

To me it sounds like the driver himself took the phone, and used the dog as a distraction.

I'm no Sherlock, but I think you may be screwed because you signed.

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wow! now thats something u dont see everyday!

9. tammyology thread starter macrumors newbie

that's what he did...

he claims... he delivered the package unopened and undamaged.

hopefully apple will see my history and pull through for me.

I don't know what else to do...

10. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

That totally stinks. I'm sure this will get worked out in the end (one would hope), but it's even worse since you don't have an iPhone in the meantime...

Let us know how this works out.

Bryan

11. tammyology thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have the original Iphone

This was my first upgrade...
    I waited in line to get the first one, and now I wanted an upgrade. Now I am wishing I had it delivered directly to the store and not to my house. Lesson Learned.

Thanks for the hope,
    Tammy

12. samcraig macrumors P6

13. tammyology thread starter macrumors newbie

no but i did put it on a visa. I just hoping that apple will come through for me.

14. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Unfortunately, that's probably true :(

AvalonCourt, by the way, does your username imply you work in Avalon, NJ?

I go down there in the summers...:)

15. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Yeah unfortunately that's one good thing about going to a store...a controlled environment...if the phone doesn't meet your expectations you can always tell them you want a different one. May mean you have to wait a few more days, but you won't potentially get screwed like this.

And I'm afraid people saying you probably are screwed are correct...that signature is basically you saying you received the package intact and undamaged...which I believe means FedEx is no longer responsible for the contents of the package. Sorry to hear about this. Good luck with your claim...hopefully Apple can help ya out.

My dad got his via FedEx too...I had to make sure to receive it. The package was undamaged but I could actually see into the package and see that it was an iphone box...someone could easily have ripped it open without any trouble and swiped it. The box was still sealed...but there were openings at the corner so you could see the contents.

16. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

This sucks. I always, always inspect boxes before accepting them.

Hopefully they pull through for you, but signing for a package is signing for it

17. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Sorry, no. It's been my general online user name for a while. I was once rather high-profile in a completely different technology. If someone saw my name they knew it was related to another device. That's been a while back. I only have limited exposure to NJ. :) As of late it's only been doing trade shows in AC.