Resolved 3GS - Stuck in "Connect to iTunes" when downgrading. Have SHSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LT1FirebirdSLP, Jul 22, 2011.

1. LT1FirebirdSLP, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

LT1FirebirdSLP macrumors newbie

I am trying to get my 3GS ready to sell, and up to this point it was on iOS 4.3.2 and JB'd. I am beginning to learn the error of my ways but I went to "Erase all Content and Settings" which I later found out JB'd phones don't like very much. I wanted to wipe the phone and install a clean OS on it for the buyer. So I have SHSH blobs dating back to 3.x, I ran TinyUmbrella which apparently doesn't play nice with iTunes 10.4 on OSX Lion. Moved the operation to my windows pc, ran tiny umbrella, saved my shsh's, had SHSH and standard firmware for 4.2.1, so I managed to get iTunes install that firmware. However, iTunes ends up giving me error 1015 at the end and the phone reads connect to iTunes. I tried using "kick out of recovery" in TinyUmbrella but that didn't seem to do it. I figured I would ask because I am getting frustrated and feel like I have exhausted my options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, also, I tried the old QuickPwn method too, where you make the bin file in apple mobile device blah blah and run QuickPwn and when you see the apple logo, exit QuickPwn and pull the cable. This results in the apple logo showing for about 10 secs, disappearing, and reappearing only to show "Connect to iTunes".

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Make sure when restoring you have TinyUmbrella running TSS Server in the background.

3. LT1FirebirdSLP thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Download fix recovery for OSX from tiny umbrella blog.. Put ur phone in dfu and run it.. U will be fine .

5. pyroo macrumors member

Download recboot, it might be better at knocking your phone out of dfu mode

6. LT1FirebirdSLP thread starter macrumors newbie

Ended up going to 4.3.3. Flawless victory. Something fishy with 4.2.1.

7. sabkaraja macrumors newbie

How did you manage? i am also stuck with an iphone 3GS which wouldnt budge from the recovery mode. It will not even react to DFU keypresses (I ended up with sore fingers).

thanks

8. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

iPad baseband?