3GS stuck in DFU mode...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The1TexasRanger, Mar 22, 2011.

1. The1TexasRanger macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

Just bought 3GS on 4.0 so I was just going to restore back to 4.0 Iam using xp, so used tinyumbrella and iReb followed this tutorial.....
    http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=66225

The iPhone will make it all the way through firmware update but TinyUmbrella will not bring it out of DFU mode. When u click Fix Recovery it then gives me the option of Exit Recovery but then reverts back to Fix Recovery. While it tries to fix it a white screen shows up on iphone for abt 4 sec or so then nothing. Itunes always recognizes the iphone but tinyumbrella seems to only find a #xxxxx for the phone like it cant truly retrieve all information.

I had just did this same tutorial for my sisters 3GS worked great but of course mine didnt :( I just hope I havent bricked my new iphone....

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Was your phone jailbroken previously and did it has SHSH blob? if you don't have SHSH save, then you can't restore it to 4.0 because Apple stops signing this IOS for 3GS. The only way for you to do is to restore it to 4.3.

I bet your sister phone was jailbroken and has SHSH blob save. Right?

3. The1TexasRanger thread starter macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

Oh man.... her phone was jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.3 not shure abt shsh. Mine was jailbroken thats as far as I know. So I am screwed on unlocking my 3GS now right :confused:

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

the instruction clearly said SHSH save requires for 3GS.

If you restore yours to 4.3, you will not be able to unlock at the moment because of the new baseband.

5. The1TexasRanger thread starter macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

Thx for info.... Thats what I get for always on the run. Is there a way to make a custom firmware package for 3GS if I used my buds mac with pwanage tool? Or is this only for 3G?

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

It is too late now. Pwnage tool uses to create customs firmware so you can keep the old baseband. you now have the latest baseband which can't be unlocked. Unless you install the Ipad baseband where you can unlock it, but you will loose the GPS feature.

PS... people in here will jump on me for suggesting/directing you to the Ipad baseband. They are calling the devil now :D . I just want you to know there are options.

7. The1TexasRanger thread starter macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

Thx for giving options! I'm just a little Leary abt going to ipad bb. Ok so the phone has to be working for pwnage tool to make the custom packge? So I cant just download 4.3 firmware with same 4.0 unlockable BB and restore that since I have only tried to restore 4.0 at this point?

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Baseband on Iphones can't be downgrade (with the exception of rare iphone 3G, bootloader 05.08)