3GS Stuck in endless restore loop (Error 1002)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JackT2010, Jul 8, 2010.

1. JackT2010 macrumors newbie

Hello,

So I woke up yesterday to find my 3GS (with iOS4) was displaying the 'Connect to iTunes' message for no apparent reason. After connecting it to iTunes, a message popped up in iTunes saying I had to enter a password on the iPhone in order to access it, which I couldn't do as the Phone was showing the 'Connect to iTunes' message.

After looking through several Apple help articles I put the iPhone into recovery mode in order to try to restore it. However, every time the progress bar on the iPhone screen hangs just before finishing, and iTunes says there was an error ( Error 1002 ). I have tried the restore numerous times now with the same results, and have tried all the solutions in this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1275

At the moment I am left with an iPhone that I cannot use. :(
    I would be grateful for any suggestions.

EDIT: Also, This phone was and has never been jailbroken

Thanks,
    Jack

2. dfwh macrumors newbie

3. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I had this problem. Luckily since i fix these things, I put the logic board into a different phone and I was able to restore it. Hence, I think I have a dodgy bit of hardware e.g. screen, digitiser, proximity sensor etc. I think this hardware fault make the phone unable to restore. However, my fault code was 29.

4. JackT2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried this, it puts my phone back into 'Connect to iTunes' mode, however when I connect to iTunes, iTunes says "There is a problem with your iPhone". And tells me to restore. And to restore, I have to put the phone back into recovery mode, which put me back in the same situation with every restore attempt giving me error 1002. :(

This is really annoying me! :mad:

5. JackT2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried this too. Tried with Windows running on Bootcamp, still getting the same error code. :(