3gs stuck in recovery loop

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ayasinsk, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ayasinsk macrumors regular

I got a 3gs which was running 4.5.3 with 05.16.02 firware, I need it unlocked. So I downgraded it to 4.1 stock apple firmware, now I am stuck in the recovery mode loop. iPhone keeps coming up to connect to itunes screen. I have tried tiny umbrella exit recovery option, no luck. I have tried tiny umbrella fix recovery option, no luck. I have tried the whole iRecovery -s command, which connects to my iphone and after typing several commands in it reboots but keeps coming back to the recovery screen. I have tried restoring again to stock 4.1 ipsw but keep getting 1604 error. What should I do?

2. labman, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

1 do you have shsh blobs for 4.1 if not you can not downgrade. 2 downgrading to 4.1 will not change your baseband. your option if you need to unlock is 6.15 IPad baseband. read up on it before you do it.. you can not undo it! also you must jailbreak then unlock stock firmware doesn't work.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think you're a little confused.
    There was never a firmware version 4.5.3 and the 05.16.02 is the baseband version.
    Since the baseband you had was not unlockable either the only way to unlock would be by installing the ipad bb.
    Find out what shsh blobs you have available using Tinyumbrella and then restore to a custom ipsw and install the ipad bb if you want.
    pwnage tool or snowbreeze would do.

4. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That guide is for a tethered JB, not sure if you want to get into it.
    But as far as I know Apple for some reason is still releasing shsh blobs for 4.1 firmware version only for the 3GS.
    So Im pretty sure you could install that and then JB it with redsnow or pwnage and install the ipad bb to unlock.
    Up to you.
    Also check out iclarified.com for tutorials.

6. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

Ok well my problem is that my 3gs is stuck in the recovery loop. So what should I do now? I installed 4.1 and now I'm stuck in recovery mode. What is my next step? My goal is to unlock it in 4.1 with ipad's baseband. How do I get there?

7. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

8. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

9. vijith macrumors newbie

how did u solve the loop error ????

10. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

Well I created a custom 4.1 ipsw through pwnage. Got my phone into recovery mode, then used iTunes to restore it. In pwnage I only created ipsw with cydia, nothing else. After I got 4.1 going, I used red snow to change my baseband to iPad's baseband only, didn't need to install cydia since I already got it in the first place. After my baseband I installed ultrasnow, reboot it and my iphone is unlocked on 4.1. If anyone got a solution to install laterst ios with ultrasnow support I would love to know it.

11. saud0488 macrumors 6502

Hey, I'm doing the same thing as you. Did you put it into DFU mode or just simple recovery? Also, are you using a Mac or PC? I've been trying with my mac for the last hour with no luck (stuck in recovery loop), and I'm thinking I'll try my PC tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

12. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

I meant to say DFU mode. From there just used my custom ipsw created with pwnage to get 4.1 going. Then used redsnow to update my baseband. I was stuck in recovery loop for hours until I got my iphone going again. I used my macbook Pro.