3GS stuck in recovery mode after accidental update URGENT

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bls5449, Sep 5, 2011.

1. bls5449 macrumors newbie

I know this is a commonly posted thing, with lots of solutions scattered across the internet but non of them work :mad:.

I was updating my mac and stupidly whilst clicking everywhere hit update in itunes for my iPhone 3gs (jailbroken) and now i get the USB to itunes screen on every load up.

I've tried: iRecovery
    Pwnage tool
    Tiny umbrella

to restore it to some form of working firmware but either i am being a newb (highly likely) or nothing works!! I can't put it into DFU mode (trust me i've tried). It was on 4.2.1 I think. Anyone got any answers ??

2. iG0tB00ts macrumors newbie

You can't not put it into DFU mode, you must be doing something wrong! :) keep trying, and keep a clock if you can't count properly :p Also, hold down the power and home button for 15 seconds(Probably won't do anything) and check.

3. bls5449 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha I have done it with the seconds up on the time of the computer but i defo must be going wrong somewhere. The trouble I have putting it in DFU mode is the phone won't turn off at all. When you hit the off button it goes all blank and sleepy the good ol' mac sign pops straight back up, theres gonna be something that I'm gonna kick myself that I'm doing wrong but I dunno what that is.

4. iG0tB00ts macrumors newbie

Hmmm now your only hope will be to download some DFU helpers. Google it. :D