3GS stuck in "restore mode", itunes wont recognize, locked out. help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thughes3, Mar 22, 2011.

1. thughes3, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

thughes3 macrumors newbie

i've got a 32gb 3GS jail broken with limera1n.

yesterday i was listenin to music in my car and it randomly just rebooted itself, now it says "restore needed, iphone can not make or recieve calls" it shows the connect to itunes thing and its searching for service, also the slider is in multiple languages, if i click the "info" icon it shows the IMEI or whatever that is as unknown, same with the other ID. I tried putting it into DFU mode and rejailbreaking it but that didnt work. I can get it into recovery mode and thats the ONLY time it will show up itunes but itunes says "iphone is in recovery mode needs to be restored before it can be used with itunes".. as soon as i click ok, the iphone disappears from itunes... theres also a passcode on the iphone which is keeping itunes from connecting to it when its NOT in recovery mode...

i need help! all my photos and vids, texts, day planner and 1,000's of songs..

i'll be driving around to the sound of wind until i get it fixed...

help help help.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Are you okay with erasing the phone? Or were you an idiot and haven't bothered to backup in months?
    Have you tried doing recovery manually--d/l the ipsw in your browser and using <option>+restore to recover your phone?

3. thughes3 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, erasing it would mean i would lose all my stuff, thats the only reason i want it back, cause with out all the stuff on it i may as well sell it or throw it away.

and unfortunately my last back up was a while ago... even if i did restore from the back up.. it wouldn't be for a week, im about 1,000 miles from my computer on vaca for a week. i've got all my meetings and stuff i need for my trip in that phone.

and im not sure what your talking about with the ipsw

4. thughes3 thread starter macrumors newbie

i know im not the most phone literate person but i know a little bit... not as smart as you but i could really use some help.. anything to get it out of this stupid mode, i need it this week, or i may as well have not drivin 14 hours down here.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

do you see any transfer options when you right click on the device in itunes?

6. thughes3 thread starter macrumors newbie

it doesn't allow me to click on it in itunes, it just shows a message that its in recovery mode and needs to be restored before itunes can use it, then it disappears. so the iphone only shows up for maybe 5 seconds and you can't access it... is there a way to change the lock files? maybe trick it into thinking its been restored so that i can regain access? maybe re-jailbreaking it?

anything helps