3GS Sync Error: Phone Not Connected

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mcthings, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Mcthings macrumors member

I'm having a problem with my 3GS where I connect my iPhone to iTunes using a MBP and it begins to sync. After a few seconds, it comes up with an error saying that it can not sync because the phone is not connected...

I've tried switching out the USB cords, cradles, etc., so it's not a connection issue.

I've done some searching, and I've deleted the iPhone backup files, deleted the sync info from iSync, and still no change.

It won't complete a sync, so I can't update my iPhone with new songs, podcasts, calendar items, etc.

Any ideas on what's going on? Sometimes iTunes even crashes on me where it's frozen and I have to force quit or it just quits on its own and I'm asked to send a report to Apple. I'm on a new MBP 13" that I bought in May, running 10.6.4 and iTunes version 9.2.

Any ideas?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It doesn’t look you tried a different USB port though. Use one off the MOBO. Or try a different computer.

3. Mcthings thread starter macrumors member

I don't know what you mean by using one off the mother board, but I've tried both USB ports on my MacBook Pro.