3GS "this accessory is not meant to work with iPhone"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carrako, Jun 30, 2009.

1. carrako macrumors regular

So after my brand new 3GS screen shattered and i went to apple to get a new screen, They ended up giving me a new phone for the $199 screen replacement price. Now after ~ 1 week with the new phone, i am getting this "this accessory is not meant to work with iPhone" pop-up continually. It will wake my phone from sleeping and also proceeds to disable my sound. I have tried resetting the phone multiple times but no luck. Anyway to fix this?
    Will apple replace it?

So any advice? I guess i need to visit the apple store again :( :(

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

What accessories have you hooked it up to? I get that exact message with my iHome that is made for iPods not iPhones. It says that message then says that I can use the speaker system if I turn the phone on to airplane mode. This gets rid of the interference. But it goes away when I disconnect from the iHome or press close.

If its just popping up for no reason at all, I think there is a problem. Sorry bud. :(

3. carrako thread starter macrumors regular

Pops up for no reason at all...without anything plugged into it. I have only hooked the iphone up to my macbook with the provided usb cable, nothing else :confused:

4. Harley-Rider macrumors newbie

Harley-Rider

5. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

How bad was the scratch that you payed 200 dollars for a new one? How long until you get another one.

6. carrako thread starter macrumors regular

[​IMG]

7. carrako thread starter macrumors regular

i would say a pretty bad scratch lol.... more like a complete screen shatter. They immediately gave me a new one...but im guessing it was refurbished and might be the reason why the new one is acting like this.

[​IMG]

8. Harley-Rider macrumors newbie

Harley-Rider

It should not keep popping up. It only pops up when it is plugged into the wrong device. I would do a complete restore before bringing back to apple. They will make you do that anyway. If it is still happening then bring it to Apple.

9. carrako thread starter macrumors regular

will try that...