3GS To Inherit 3G's Problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMac702, Jun 16, 2009.

1. BMac702 macrumors regular

Since the two are aesthetically the same, do you guys think the 3GS will have the same problems (light leak, body not flush with chrome bezel, dust, dead pixels, cracking case, etc..) that the 3G had or do you think Apple will have fixed those issues?

2. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Unfortunately, there are defects in all electronics. Hopefully they won't be as widespread, but there is a chance that any of those problems will show up (and maybe even some new ones).

3. BMac702 thread starter macrumors regular

I understand that, but the issues raised by the 3G compared to the 2G were surprising. I had maybe 2 replacements with my 2G compared to like 7+ for my 3G. The 3G's build quality frankly sucked and I hope Apple learns a thing or two with the 3GS

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I mentioned this in an earlier thread.

What I'm hoping for is the clickier home and sleep/wake button and no light leaks.

I also read somewhere that the 3G S is 3 grams heavier than the 3G. That say "more expensive feeling".

5. xleedaniel macrumors member

im sorry im new to iphones so what does a light leak mean?

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah it is a bit heavier, but that could just be the magnetometer? Or maybe the new camera is carrying a bit more weight?

7. NStocks macrumors 65816

I've never had a iPhone but I think it is when the bezel ( edges of the device) allow light to leak through them as the joint is not tight enough...

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

3 grams heavier = more expensive feeling?
    cmon that is .1 ounces. I can't see how that would equate to a more expensive feeling.

9. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I know 12 people with 3G phones and not one of them has needed to have their phone replaced.

It sounds like you have unrealistically high expectations of perfection in your electronics devices.

P.S., thanks for driving up the costs for the rest of us.

10. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Light shows through the casing.

[​IMG]

11. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

I'm glad they didn't change the design, because hopefully that means they've had a chance to refine the current design from a quality-control standpoint.

12. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Actually the primary advantage for them of keeping the current design is that they don't have to spend millions on new dies new tooling in the factories, etc.

I would expect that the new phones are made on the same lines as the old ones with virtually no differences in the area of fit and finish other than obvious changes to things like coatings on the plastics and screen.