3gs ulock pwnage with mac can I still use on xp?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The1TexasRanger, Mar 14, 2011.

1. The1TexasRanger macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

Can I use my friends Mac to make me a custom firmware package so I can keep bb same foir unlock and then go back syncing with my xp computer? Thx.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yes! By the way, does your phone have SHSH save in Curia?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that's actually what I used to do untill I installed Snow Leopard on my Windows laptop:)
    But you will have to run redsnow on windows and select "Just enter pwned DFU Mode right now" on your 3GS within your XP computer.
    And then it will let you restore your iphone to the custom IPSW created with pwnage.
    Or if you do the whole thing like create the custom IPSW and restore to it thru his itunes on his Mac then you dont have to do the rest I said above on your XP machine. Just sync and restore from your backup when you get home.

4. The1TexasRanger thread starter macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

not that Im aware of. Just bought this phone lol my 3g was tho. Can u do it in cydia? thx for the info!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Download and run TU while your 3GS is connected on the PC and click "Save SHSH".
    It will tell you if you got SHSH saved on cydia and for what firmware builts.
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

6. The1TexasRanger thread starter macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

OMG lol Im going to try this gunna be awesome! thx! I want to preserve the bb that I have unlocked right? Only reason to update bb if 3gs iphone has 4.2.1 already installed to unlock?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, if you have an unlockable baseband right now make sure you preserve it with pwnage bro.

8. The1TexasRanger thread starter macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

Im a little confused Can i now unlock 3GS 4.0 with 5.13.04 BB with new ulatra snow??? Just jailbreak and install ultra snow? Below is a quote from deve team site....

Directly after PwnageTool 4.1.3 is available, the official ultrasn0w repo http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com will be updated with ultrasn0w 1.2, which covers iPhone 4 baseband 01.59.00 and iPhone 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 and now 06.15.00

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Just install ultrans0w 1.2 and it will unlock your phone, ultrasn0w works on your baseband.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're jb on 4.0 you just install Ultrasnow from cydia.
    If u want to stay at 4.0 and you're not jb u can jb with jailbreakme.com

11. The1TexasRanger thread starter macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

Awesome! Ill just stick with 4.0 for a while.... I guess if I did want to update Id have to make a custom firmware package with pwnage to preserve BB right?.... Thx for the info guys!