3GS unjailbroken with iOS 4.30- what are my options?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jeff123816, Apr 18, 2011.

1. jeff123816 macrumors member

So I have an iphone 3GS with iOS 4.30. I’ve never jailbroken and really wasn’t interested in it until an unteathered solution came out. I realize now that we have an unteathered jailbreak for iOS 4.31. Unfortunately, I missed the update to 4.31 and now only have the choice in itunes, to upgrade to 4.32, which, I realize does not yet have an unteathered jailbreak.

So my question is, can the current unteathered 4.31 jailbreak be applied to an unjailbroken iphone 3GS with 4.30?

I’ve never jailbroken before, so this is new territory to me. I was having a lot of issues with keyboard freeze on previous iOS 4.x releases. This was finally fixed with 4.30 (at least for me) and I’ve not been in a rush to change anything. Assuming I don’t install anything, would jailbreaking slow this phone down at all? I don’t plan on doing any customization at all, I’d just like to test out a couple of apps that are unavailable on the app store. If they result in slowdown or any other sorts of bugs, I’d remove them. But, can anyone tell me, in theory, would a jailbroken iphone, without ANY installed Cydia apps/packages perform any differently than a stock iphone?

Thanks everyone!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You wont be able to JB on 4.3 and if you dont have any shsh blobs saved for 4.3.1 or other firmware versions all you can do is go to 4.3.2 and wait for a new JB.
    And no if you just JB your 3GS and dont install anything from cydia you wont see any slowdowns. Even with cydia packages the 3GS handles the JB fine without major lags.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You should d/l tiny umbrella and start saving your blobs. For all iphones, it's important, but it's even more so for jb phones.

4. jeff123816 thread starter macrumors member

You don't think there's any chance that Apple is still signing 4.3.1, do you? How would one go about checking this?

5. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I was able to upgrade a friend's ipad from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 today, with itunes. I did not use tiny umbrella.

i clicked shift + upgrade, then point to the 4.3.1 ipsw.