3GS Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jomiro, Jun 5, 2012.

1. jomiro macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I am a total beginner when it come to unlocking Iphones. But I was hoping I could ask you guys a few questions.

I have an Iphone 3GS, iOS 4.3.5 and the bb is 5.16.02. Now, I know that it is pretty tough to unlock this one. However, I was wondering, since I haven't upgraded the software on the phone in over a year, what would happen to those settings, if I actually did an upgrade. Would the bb change, if I installed a software upgrade?
    And if it changed, would the process of unlocking the phone be any 'easier' after the upgrade? What firmware package would be the best to get it unlocked with?

I'm sorry for asking these absolute beginner questions but I would appreciate it, if someone replied.

Thanks.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

To unlock you need to install the iPad baseband. Which in most cases screws up the GPS and a possibility of killing the radio inside. Or another option, would be to get AT&T to unlock the iPhone for you. You need to be an AT&T customer though, and the iPhone itself has to be out of contract.

3. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

i just unlocked 2 japanese iPhone 3gs using iPad baseband technique.

they are working flawlessly now after a few niggly things to make the iMessage activation work.

Curiously, my GPS doesnt seem to have been affected, and to this day im still trying to figure out why so I could perhaps report this as a positive..

I left the country and used offmaps without a problem using my GPS....i had to 3G network.

bizarre...as ive no came across any other posts where GPS was ok...