iPhone 3GS unlocked via SAMprefs, after removing the jailbreak, will the unlock be gone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vet0, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Vet0 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have an iPhone 3GS that I've had jailbreaked from the start. When I moved to another country in summer, I used SAMprefs to unlock it. (I could have had it unlocked by my provider, too, but I was impatient.) Now, the whole situation has changed a bit (Installous being out of the picture, plus my financial situation allows for actual purchase of apps. :p)

So I was thinking about upgrading to iOS 6, since I'm still running 5.0.1, thus loosing my jailbreak. Will removing the jailbreak also remove the unlock?

Thanks,
    V

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

yes it will remove the unlock, did you save your activation ticket with SAM?

3. Vet0 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea. I also didn't have an idea when I did it, just followed some tutorial on the intertubes. :D The only reason I did this was because my provider had provided me with an unlock link like 6 months before I actually needed it unlocked and then it turned out to not work anymore. I guess I could actually request a new one or something :)

What's the activation ticket good for anyway?