3GS updated to 3.1.3, options?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by imcivilized, Jul 12, 2010.

1. imcivilized macrumors newbie

Had a jailbroken unlocked at&t 3GS running on Virgin wireless here in canada.
    THEN, it somehow got into recovery mode and requested a restore, so my wife though, going backwards can't hurt. BUT I guess itunes 9.2 does a "restore and upgrade"..
    Now I have a phone that has been upgraded to ??? and I'm stuck on the "no SIM card" activation page, and that's it.

I tried the Pwned tool 4.01, but no luck. not sure what my options are.
    Can i get a cheap sim card to activate the phone and at least use it as an ipod / game with the wifi in our house?
    Or do I just sit and wait until a new unlock is ready?

I don't even know how to tell what firmware its got now, since it won't get past the "no SIM card" screen...

Advice, jokes, suggestions on what to do with it? (paperweight has already been mentioned..)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

2 options.
    You can sit and wait for the new JB for 4.0 and then once JB you can unlock it with ultrasnow.
    Or you can find an offiicial sim from the carrier the iphone is locked to and activate it.
    Then downgrade your itunes to the previous version.
    And then JB with Spirit and unlock with ultrasnow thru cydia assuming you're still on 3.1.3 and you didnt restore it again to 4.0
    Any idea if you had any SHSH's on file thru cydias server in order to downgrade?

3. imcivilized thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got the phone a few days ago, and hadn't got around to loading apps. I didn't see that Cydia was even on there, just "Rock"(?)

Should I downgrade itunes first, since I can't even get to the activate without completing the "restore" and it only wants to "restore and update" with itunes 9.2...
    I can get an att SIM card on ebay for $3.00, so may try that option..

Thanks!

4. imcivilized thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't JB this phone the first time, but when I got it it had "Rock" on it...
    Might it have an SHSH on file with Cydia's server?
    How would I check?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try tinyumbrella.
    Edit your hosts file to redirect to cydia.