3gs updated to ios4.3, sucks!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by netteen, Mar 21, 2011.

1. netteen macrumors newbie

updated to 4.3 this morning, failed once and restored again, lost my photos and some apps. the worst part is the browser becomes sooooooooooooooo slow. I can't bear it. sucks apple,rot rot!. I will try a HTC soon.

2. netteen thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Oh yep,also lost all my songs and videos, how can they release this kind poor os ? Sucks Apple! Apple is not fresh anymore,it start rotting,haha! Put it back into frigo, no one can save them, this is the natural wAy? Yeeeeeeeees! Man! Mark my word down!

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Sounds like a great choice! Good luck!:D

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Song and videos are synced tru iTunes. The 3GS runs fine on 4.3 and not slow Try a restore and then sync all your stuff over thru iTunes and restore from backup to get everything back.
    But sounds like you just registered to post bs, go back to your android site.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Complete BS.

Exactly. iTunes saves a copy of music and apps by default. So even if the device is restored users do not lose any data.

6. netteen thread starter macrumors newbie

but my own laptop is hundreds miles away

my songs and photos are indeed still in my other laptop at home, do I have to fly back to get them? now I am afraid to use this phone, that is it!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, next time don't update using a different computer. You did it with another iTunes library that's why you lost all your stuff. It's not Apple, the iPhone or 4.3 fault It's the user.

8. netteen thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes,yes,yes,it is the user' fault to update OS with a different computer! ,lost the contains!! Ridiculous !!!!

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You're the one with ridiculous expectations. You restored your phone. That erases it. If you don't know how itunes works by now, you might be too dim for a smartphone.

10. brendu macrumors 68020

OP I am sorry you ran into this conundrum. I have come dangerously close to restoring my iPhone using my girlfriends computer before.... I will admit that the way apple forces users to update iOS through iTunes is absolutely ridiculous. I am not sure how android does it but webOS has really wonderful over the air updates that work really well... there is NO reason apple could not change the way their updates work to be as simple as all the other aspects of iOS...

At the same time, yes it is your fault not Apple's. You have to be very careful when updating the OS on something especially when you do not have a backup on hand.

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

Updates sometimes fail -- that's a fact of life. Computers, phones, TiVos, ... whatever. It happens.

What most people do before an update is to backup the device, just in case the update fails.

You didn't do that, which is why you lost your content.

Sucks that it happened to you. And no, not even HTC will guarantee you that a failed upgrade on their phones won't cause you to lose contents.

12. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

You upgraded your phone thru a different computer that you don't have access to? You're new. Oh well, it's a good learning opportunity - but it's really your problem, not that the software sucks. Good luck in the future.

13. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Cool. Glad you figured it out! Good on ya.

14. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

3gs took longest to update but is just fine I have no issues so what ever you did must have been something in your iTunes settings

15. netteen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys, I learnt a lesson.

yes, i understand now, like if got married, hard to fool around anymore.haha. So never do that, remain freeeeeeeeeeeeee! remember.